Artists Call: Myth America(NA) Deconstructing Americana Culture and Imagery
Artists Call: Myth America(NA)
Deconstructing Americana Culture and Imagery
The Box Gallery
The Box Gallery invites artists to submit work for an exhibition showcasing original artwork that represents the theme:
Myth America(NA), Deconstructing Americana Culture and Imagery It is an open, national call-to-artists curated by Rolando Chang Barrero.
Notes of interest…
For many folk, the very word “myth” is synonymous with “falsehood.” Truthfully, the opposite is true. Myths, religious or otherwise, are those stories that shape our understanding of reality, of how we see the world and our place in it.
Concerning or characteristic of America, its civilization, or its culture broadly : things typical of America. 2 : American culture.
To analyze (a text or a linguistic or conceptual system) by deconstruction, typically in order to expose its hidden internal assumptions and contradictions and subvert its apparent significance or unity.
Exhibition dates: October 29th – November 26th, 2022
Open to artists 18 years or older from anywhere in the United States.
How to submit
- Artists are invited to submit recent work.
- Fill out the online application
- Have images of the work you are going to submit as well as a photo and Artist Statement.
- Curator (and/or invited jurors) will use your digital images to select entries based on originality, creativity, quality and complexity of workmanship, artistry and impact as represented in the images submitted.
Important Dates and Info
Submission period opens: July 11 2022
Submission deadline: September 15, 2022
Entry fees are: $30 for up to 3 works (Payment online only)
Notification of acceptance via email: 1st Week of October 2022
Selected artwork due at The Box Gallery: October 17 – 20 by appointment, please email to schedule.
Opening reception: November 5th, 7:00 to 10:00 p.m.
Exhibition Ends : NOVEMBER 26th, 5:30 p.m.
Art Pick-up: November 28-30, 2022
For general exhibition information or questions related to the call to artists, email PalmBeachFineArtGallery@gmail.com
Up to 3 pieces completed after January 2021 may be submitted.
- All formats of fine art will be considered, including wall-hung, free-standing, suspended or pedestal mounted and art to wear.
- All work must be original in concept, design and execution. Small production studio work will be considered. Work created in a class, workshop, or from a kit or purchased pattern is not eligible.
- Work must be for sale.
- No substitutions for accepted artwork will be allowed. All work must remain on display until the conclusion of the exhibit November 26, 2022
- Submitted images may be used for marketing and promotional purposes directly related to this exhibition and all other rights remain that of the artist.
- All accepted entries must be received ready to install or with limited assembly. Any mannequins for wearable art, hanging rods, armatures or other special installation equipment and/or instructions must be provided by artist. Suspended work may not exceed 20 pounds – special exceptions may apply.
- Shipped works requiring glazing must use Plexi-glass or equivalent. Glass may be used on hand-delivered pieces.
- Each accepted work must arrive with labeling (artist name, title, media) and the completed consignment form securely attached to the piece or on the hanging device.
- We reserve the right to reject work that is not represented accurately in the submitted images and description. Works that arrived damaged, are poorly constructed, poorly presented or not up to the specified hanging standards will be returned to the artist.
- Atelier Gallery will not insure work in its possession during the exhibition.
3 Entry Procedures
- Have good 300 DPI images for each piece.
- Prepare artist statement of 250 words or less.
- Fill out the online form here (Submit application)
- Shipping to and from The Box Gallery is the responsibility of the artist. Detailed delivery and shipping instructions will be emailed with your acceptance notification.
- All work must be shipped in sturdy containers with NO PEANUTS in the package. The artist must provide credit card information for return shipping costs. Please include a visual packing list (photos) with your art, and any assembly instructions.
- Your works will be returned to you in new packing material, suitable to make an insurance claim should one be necessary. You will be charged at cost for the packing and shipping by the professional shipping company.
- The Box Gallery will handle sales transactions while work is on exhibit and will ship work to buyer when the exhibition is over. Shipment of all sold objects will be paid by the purchaser.
- All sold items must remain on display for the duration of the exhibition and will not be forwarded to the purchaser until the end of the show.
- There is a 50% commission on sales and 50% goes to the artist. Artists should consider this when pricing their work. The price of a piece may not be changed after acceptance into the exhibition.
- Payments to the artist for all sold pieces will be within 30 business days after the closing date of the exhibition. It is the Artist’s responsibility to contact The Box Gallery with the correct mailing address for the check, if different from the consignment form.
Please call Rolando Chang Barrero (786)-521-1199 or email us at
The Box Gallery